The Lehigh Portland Trails map provides an overview of the trail system. The wide gravel trails are shown in green, while the singletrack trails are shown in yellow. The trailheads are designated with “TH” symbols.
Also, be sure to check out the Lehigh Portland Trails Interactive Map.
Trail Detail Maps and Photo Tours
The following links provide detailed trail maps, as well as photos, allowing you to take a virtual tour of the trails.
Wide Gravel Trail Maps and Photo Tours
- Backbone Trail — A wide gravel trail that connects the Eastern Trailhead to the Western Trailhead through the heart of the Lehigh property. About 1.2 miles.
- East Loop Trail — A wide gravel trail that connects the Eastern Trailhead to the BMX Skills Area, and passes near the the quarry lake bluffs. About 0.45 miles.
- West Spur Trail — A wide gravel trail that connects the Backbone Trail to the west side of the quarry lake. About 0.2 miles.
- Connector Trail — Connects the Southwind Rail Trail to the Lehigh Portland Trails Western Trailhead. About 0.4 miles.
Singletrack Trail Maps and Photo Tours
- Creekside Trail — A singletrack trail that follows Elm Creek from the Eastern Trailhead west to the historic Sinclair-Hegwald Bridge. About 1.25 miles.
- Lakeside West — An out-and-back trail that follows the western shore of the quarry lake. About 0.5 miles.
- Mt. Lehigh — A quick natural-surface singletrack loop that runs to the top of the highest elevation at Lehigh Portland Trails — Mt. Lehigh! About 1.15 miles.
- Mountain Goats — A challenging singletrack trail that runs along the north shore of the quarry lake. About 0.5 miles.
- Ridgetop — A short but fun little bit of singletrack that parallels the Backbone Trail along a ridgeline. About 0.1 miles.
- Rubble Ridge — A short but challenging little singletrack trail. About 0.25 miles.
- South Loop — A singletrack trail that offers the most spectacular views at Lehigh Portland Trails. About 1.65 miles.
- Target Practice — A singletrack trail that offers a short romp through the cedars and prairie grass. About 0.15 miles.
Additional Online Maps
The Lehigh Portland Trails are also listed at a number of online mapping sites, many of which include smartphone apps that you can carry with you on the trails: